Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Knocked Up Contribution
I started out watching the movie. I had to look at it again because frankly, I looked at it for just comedy reasons. I personally like the club scene when Allison and Ben boogied. The song and the lame dancing matched perfectly. In regards to the group....I was a little stuck on how our group was going to present. We got together for a few minutes after class and decided to split the couples. Since we had 8 people in our group, it was better to focus on Allison/Ben and Debbie/Pete. While the movie touched points about identities (Barker) and radical romance, it also talked about real life. I decided to bring up that point because it could happen to anyone and it does happen. I didn't get a chance to read the script, but the screenplay pointed out masculine characteristics and feminine characteristics as well. I didn’t get a chance to point out that some of these characteristics were defined by their social environments. While Ben didn’t seem to mind to not relate to Allison’s sister/Pete relationship, Allison cared at times. What’s boggling about these two relationships in general is that it was a mix of radical/ neo-tradition characteristics. That was mentioned a little in our presentation. I wished we had more time for all of us to enlighten on the movie more. Although the movie is obviously more radical than anything else, the two couples’s relationships tell us about sexuality, values, love, and reality. I want to conclude by saying that if that was someone I knew that just got pregnant, I would tell them to look at the bigger picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment