Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sex Comedy---There's more to it...

Sex. The word itself raises some curiousity and conclusions. I'll try to make this blog understandable. There was a lot of information that I read and to think...the book considers "sex comedy" a sub-genre. By definition, McDonald writes, "Both sexes play this game of when sex will actually happen....instead this genre focuses more of a woman who prefers to wait till marriage and a man who wants sex without the committment"( 38). The sixties must have been some year. That's around the same time PlayBoy  Magazine was introduced. It's still every man's dream to experience anything coming close to Hugh Heifner, The Bunnies, or The Mansion. I guess that would also be the perfect christmas present for any man. I find it weird that the book talked about how sex was hidden and kept so sacred. Now, sex is the topic that gets a lot of exposure. My mom and dad were born in the sixties. If sex education wasn't talked about back then, how were they informed of contraceptives? It's still taboo in some cultures. We do live in culture that influences us to have sex or save it. But, I alos read that movie industries feared allowing sex to air---it might lead to more people having sex. Albert Kinsey wrote reports to show proof that, "women could have premarital sex just as much as guys"( 41). This still holds true to this day---men can sleep with different women and get cuddles for it, but women who sleep with different men is considered a whore. I also liked how the chapter focused on the importance of saving your virginity---that was part of the American dream. The white picket fence, three children, big yard, small city, married, perfect jobs, etc. One sex comedy I find hilarious till this day..."Booty Call". That entire movie is about that one thing. They went through hell and at the end of the night, they finally hit the jackpot. It all started with a double date, dancing, hormones, and the lack of protection. I was a little confused towards the last pages of the chapter...Hopefully a class discussion can help...

                                              
American Pie 


                                            How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment